Does the jingle of your car keys cause your dog to jump up and scramble after you as you head out on errands? We all love a happy dog along for the ride. However, during these warmer days of spring and summer keep in mind that the interior of your car can get hot fast. See the chart below and think twice the next time you bring your sweet doggie along for the ride.
||Temperature In Car After
Here are five alternatives to leaving your dog in a hot car:
- Use the drive thru for errands when available.
- Bring a friend who can play with your dog outside while you run your errands.
- Shop at pet-friendly stores where your dog is welcome to browse with you.
- Eat at an outdoor cafe where your dog can sit with you.
- Leave your dog at home where it's cool and safe.