The security of your accounts is a priority at O Bee. We constantly monitor the ever-changing tactics of criminals and stay well ahead of the bad guys to shield and safeguard your information. This happens behind the scenes, and members hardly notice. That’s how we like it.
We offer security enhancements to protect your card accounts even more. This is a step in further protecting your card account information to prevent fraud and theft. To assist us, please ensure your contact information is up to date. If you receive communication about suspicious charges on your card, you will be sent a case number via text, email or voicemail. This case number will be required in order to talk to a representative. Correct cell phone numbers and email addresses on all your accounts will help us to assist you better.
GOT QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS
1. How do I make sure O Bee has the most up-to-date contact information for me?
Email Address: Login to online banking and go to SETTINGS. Here you can update your email address. Alternately, you can call O Bee, and we’ll update it for you.
Cell Phone Number: Login to our Mobile app, go to MESSAGES, click on the small blue pencil circle at the bottom of the screen, and write to us. Alternately, you can call O Bee, and we’ll update it for you.
2. What is Card Fraud Monitoring? Card fraud monitoring is how our Fraud Service Center protects your account and your personal information. They work behind the scenes to stop thieves from racking up fraudulent charges on your credit or debit card. If they suspect fraudulent activity on a card, the purchase may be declined. They may also question card purchases that were approved, as some may be potentially fraudulent. Remember, you will never be asked for your full social security number or card number for verification of charges.
3. What if there is suspicious activity on my card? If there is suspicious activity on your card, our Fraud Service Center will contact you to check that those charges are legitimate. This is where it is essential to make sure you have current contact information on file with O Bee. We will need to notify you quickly in the event of suspicious card activity (see #1 above).
4. How will you contact me? First, the Fraud Service Center will try to reach you by the phone number you have listed on your account. If they are not able to reach you by phone, your card may be blocked for security protection. Then you may receive a text, an email, or a voicemail from the Fraud Service Center letting you know of the suspicious card activity. Important: You will be provided with a case number. When you call back, you will be required to provide the case number before a team member can assist you.
5. What if I forget my case number or I don’t have it? If you don’t have your case number when calling back Fraud Service Center, you will be asked to call O Bee Credit Union directly to speak with a Contact Center Representative who can then assist you without your case number during normal hours of operation. Our phone number for our Contact Center is 360-943-0740 or 800-642-4014.