Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas for a thrifty Valentine’s Day date:
- Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of spending money on a restaurant. Set the ambiance with candles, a string of white lights, music, and a pretty table.
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
- If you are going out to eat, make sure to check Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
- Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and pop the cork at home instead.
- Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a romantic walk under the stars.
- Get yourself a great workout and have a fantastically fun date by going snow shoeing on Mt. Rainier. Rent snow shoes at Paradise Visitor’s Center for an unforgettable day in the mountain snow.
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Have a rollicking good time at a neighborhood bar that features live music. Avoid the cover fee by going a little early.
Looking for recipe inspiration? We've got you covered there too!