Diversity in the workplace is good for people and business.
It’s no secret that a strong workplace is a diverse one because it offers a unique range of skill sets, experiences, and backgrounds to pull from. Many companies are building diverse teams to include gender and racial differences, but diversity doesn’t end there. The potential benefits extend to looking at age, lifestyle, learning style, and personality—all of which can further impact productivity and innovation
A found that companies who take a holistic approach to inherent diversity (the traits that we are born with) and acquired diversity (traits we collect as we grow) operate with a higher level of innovation and inspiration.
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee is working towards our mission of fostering an environment where everyone feels safe, welcomed, and celebrated for who they are. We provide a path for embracing diversity, while building and nurturing a culture where inclusiveness is essential.
Celebrate with us! Get involved by celebrating the diversity that surrounds us. Here are a few ways you can join the fun.
- Visit a restaurant where the food is from a culture you’ve never tried before. Do a little research before you go so you know what dishes you should order and what the culinary traditions are in that culture.
- Read a book written about a different culture, both fiction and nonfiction count!
- Watch a movie with a cast or characters that are culturally different from you.
- Enjoy music from around the world, Mongolian throat singing anyone?
- Share your culture with friends and family!